My skin overall has improved dramatically. In high school my blemishes were actual trash. I decided to make a post about what products I use to help my acne prone skin.
I honestly have gone through horrible products but I dont want to bash them, so I won't be mentioning them. Let's just say they were really overhyped and they actually made my skin worse.
There are only a few brands I really trust with my skin. Kiehl's, Origins, YES to, Neutrogena & Burt's Bees.
Alright so first let's talk masks:
I use a bunch of face masks for many different reasons, whether it be for my acne or moisturization.
For when my face is flaring up with acne this mask I kid you not takes it away. 1. The 'Out of Trouble®' 10 Minute Mask by Origins is the mask to get if you have acne prone skin. Be warned, it's a very strong mask so the odor might be discomfiting.
How to use: Put an even layer over a freshly washed face, leave on for 10 minutes and rinse.
2. The Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Mask is great for protecting your skin from hazardous things that may be in the environment. This mask detoxifies the skin and protects it from pollutants.
How to use: Put an even layer over a freshly washed face, leave on for 5 minutes, grab a tissue and pat over your face to take off the excess, leave on overnight & when you wake up wash your face. Use at least 3 times a week to see results.
3. The Clear Improvement® Active Charcoal Mask by Origins is one of my favorites to treat my acne. This is a charcoal mask that helps take away damage done by acne. The charcoal plays a magnet and pulls the dirt from your pores.
Let's move on to the one and ONLY moisturizer I use.
The Ultra Facial Cream by Kiehl's is the greatest facial moisturizer i've used. It leaves your skin feeling matte and clean. Throughout the day your skin will still feel clean and refreshed. Straight form the Nordstrom website, here is what it does "Its unique combination of ingredients helps reduce moisture loss while drawing and absorbing moisture from the air. Its formula contains Antarcticine, which helps hydrate skin and provide it with a noticeably smoother appearance while shielding it from the damaging effects of free radicals; imperata cylindrica, which contains a high concentration of potassium to provide an immediate and lasting hydration effect; and squalane, a signature Kiehl's ingredient that helps restore skin's natural moisture balance to keep it extra soft and supple."
How to use: Apply daily to a clean face or as needed.
Facial washes & exfoliators are a big part of my skincare regimen. Here is what I use.
1. The Neutrogena® Deep Clean Daily Facial Cleanser Wash is what's worked best for me. It takes almost all of the oil out of my face and leaves it clean and refreshed.
Finally here are the miscellaneous products I use.
1. The Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater by Mario Badescu is a great toner to use on your face. It refreshes the skin when you feel oily, dirty & even helps cool you off when it's hot outside.
2. The Drying Lotion by Mario Badescu is one of my holy grail's. This product is hands down the best spot treatment I have ever used. DISCLAIMER: DO NOT SHAKE THE BOTTLE. This product will make a surface pimple or whitehead heal and dry virtually overnight. How to use: Stick a q-tip down to the bottom where the pink stuff is. Get a good amount on the tip and coat your pimples with it. Leave on overnight and that pimple should be dried out or gone by then.
These are all the products I love. If you test them out let me know how they work out for you by commenting down below!